- 01/10/18 – present: Clinical Research Assistant, Department of Neuroscience, Psychology, Pharmacology and Child Health (NEUROFARBA), University of Florence, Careggi University Hospital, Florence, Italy
- 25/9/17 – present: PhD student, PhD in Molecular Medicine, Department of Molecular and Developmental Medicine, University of Siena, Siena
Education & Training
- 1/9/17 – 31/8/18 : Clinical Research Assistant , Department of Health Science, University of Florence, Careggi University Hospital, Florence, Italy
Clinical activity in Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit, Obstetric and Gynecological Ultrasound Unit
- 1/10/16 – 2/6/17: Clinical Research Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Women’s Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital
University of Oxford, Oxford (UK) - Chair: Prof. Stephen Kennedy - Supervisor: Mr Lawrence Impey
- 2012 – 2017: Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology University of Siena, Siena (Italy) - Head of the Department: Prof. Felice Petraglia, MD
Five-years training program (certified as a Basic Training Center by European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (EBCOG) in 2013)
- 2015: Observership Placement Training and Clinical Laboratory Internship- Imperial College NHS Trust- Hammersmith and Queen's Charlotte's Hospital, London (United Kingdom) - Supervisor: Prof Philllip Bennett. Training in Centre for Fetal Care, Prematurity Clinic, Diabetes Clinic, Obstetric Medicine Clinic, Antenatal Clinic, Labour Ward, Theatre and Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit.
- 2011: Medical School Graduation - University of Siena, Siena (Italy) Graduation mark: 110/110 cum laude. Title of Graduation thesis: “Fetal growth retardation: a new methodologic approach"
Her major scientific interest is devoted to women’s health, from pre-conception to pregnancy. She is interested in how uterine disorders and related endometrial and myometrial abnormalities may influence placental function and thus pregnancy development and outcome. She is investigating endometriosis, adenomyosis and uterine fibroids from both the basic science (pathogenetic pathways and mediators) and the clinical (ultrasound diagnosis and comorbidities) point of view.
She regularly attends scientific meeting, also as invited speaker, on the field of Reproductive Medicine and Maternal-Fetal Medicine. She is author or co-author of 33 peer reviewed papers in International Scientific Journals and 6 chapters on International books in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Professional society membership
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG)
- Società Italiana di Ecografia Ostetrica e Ginecologica e Metodologie Biofisiche (SIEOG)
- International Society for Gynecological Endocrinology (ISGE)
- Società Italiana di Medicina Perinatale (SIMP)
- Society of Endometriosis and Uterine Disorders (SEUD)
- Premio Numana Madre e Feto 2016 –Award for Oral Presentation (“Perinatal outcome of IVF term uncomplicated pregnancies”) at the Meeting “Numana Madre e Feto”