Dr. Bronet is the Head of the IVF and PGD Laboratories at the Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, Madrid, Spain, since 2008. Having graduates from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in 2000 and completed a PhD in 2005 in Animal Physiology department at Madrid Complutense University. He was working in two different clinics and finally joined IVI Madrid as an Embryologist in 2015. In 2008, he completed a Fellowship at Melbourne IVF, before returning to take up the current position. He is an Embryologist Senior certificated by ESHRE, he serves the Spanish national society for the study of the reproductive biology (ASEBIR), and he is on the executive board of the genetic interest group of ASEBIR.
Dr. Bronet has been invited to speak nationally and internationally and is the author or co-author of several book chapters and numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals. He also serves as Ad Hoc Reviewer for the next journals: Fertility and Sterility, Human Reproduction, Reproductive BioMedicine Online, Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences, Journal of Assisted Reproduction Genetics, Molecular Human Reproduction Reproductive Biology and European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Dr. Bronet has been involved in teaching since his early career, imparting postgraduate courses since 2005. Presently he is the Coordinator of the Genetic in Human Reproduction Module from the Master's Degree in Biology and technology of Assisted Human Reproduction from Madrid European University.
His research interests include ART embryonic competence and aneuploidy, culture conditions and laboratory science QA/QC.
Education and Training
B.Sc. Complutense University of Madrid (2000), Spain
Ph.D (Biology) Complutense University of Madrid (2005), Spain
Fellowship Melbourne IVF, Australia (2008)
- Bronet F, Agudo D. “Should we forget about embryos till day 5?” Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2017 Jun;29(3):107-111
- Del Carmen Nogales M, Bronet F, Basile N, Martínez EM, Liñán A, Rodrigo L, Meseguer M. “Type of chromosome abnormality affects embryo morphology dynamics”. Fertil Steril. 2017 Jan;107(1):229-235.
- Aparicio-Ruiz B, Basile N, Pérez Albalá S, Bronet F, Remohí J, Meseguer M. “Automatic time-lapse instrument is superior to single-point morphology observation for selecting viable embryos: retrospective study in oocyte donation”. Fertil Steril. 2016 Aug 106(6):1379-85
- Bronet F, Nogales MC, Martínez E, Ariza M, Rubio C, García-Velasco JA, Meseguer M. “Is there a relationship between time-lapse parameters and embryo sex?”. Fertil Steril. 2015 Feb;103(2):396-401.
- Balmori C, Guillén A, Montans J, Bronet F, García-Velasco JA. “Successful ICSI in an azoospermic and kidney transplant man with type 1 primary hyperoxaluria and first histopathological testicular findings described in the literature”. Andrologia. 2015 Feb;47(1):109-11.
- Herrero L, Pareja S, Aragonés M, Cobo A, Bronet F, Garcia-Velasco JA. “Oocyte versus embryo vitrification for delayed embryo transfer: an observational study“. Reprod Biomed Online. 2014 Nov;29(5):567-72.
- García-Herrero, S; Rodrigo, L; Mateu, E; Peinado, V; Milán, M; Campos-Galindo, I; Vera, M; Mercader, A; Bronet, F; Requena, A; Simón, C; Rubio, C. “Embryo aneuploidy screening with CGH arrays in the absence of implantation”. Médecine de la Reproduction, Gynécologie Endocrinologie,. 2014; 16:112-119.
- Basile, N; Nogales, MC; Bronet, F; Florensa, M;Riqueiros, M; Rodrigo, L; García-Velasco, JA and Meseguer, M. “Increasing the probability of selecting chromosomally normal embryos by time-lapse morphokinetics analysis”. Fertil Steril. 2014 Mar;101(3):699-704.
- Basile N, Morbeck D, Garcia-Velasco JA, Bronet F, Meseguer M. “Type of culture media does not affect embryo kinetics: a time-lapse analysis of sibling oocytes”. Hum Reprod. 2013; 28(3):634-641.
- Bronet F, Martínez E, Gaytán M, Liñán A, Cernuda D, Ariza M, Nogales M, Pacheco A, San Celestino M, Garcia-Velasco JA. “Sperm DNA fragmentation index does not correlate with the sperm or embryo aneuploidy rate in recurrent miscarriage or implantation failure patients”. Hum Reprod. 2012; 27(7):1922-29.
- Requena A, Bronet F, Guillén A, Agudo D, Bou, C; García-Velasco JA. “The impact of in-vitro maturation of oocytes on aneuploidy rate”. RBM Online. 2009; Jun; 18(6):777-83.
- Bronet, F.; Hontecillas, L.; Hormigo, D.; Corpas, I. “Oxidative impairment in poisoning with heavy metals”. Toxicology Letters. 2005; 158(1): 179.
- Bronet, F.; Corpas, I. “Gastrointestinal impairment after a lead intoxication”. J. Physiol. Biochem. 2005; 61(1): 208.
- Bronet, F.; Hormigo, D.; Marquina, D.; Corpas, I. “Lead and cadmium intoxication produce alterations in central neruous system”. J. Physiol. Biochem. 2005; 61(1): 233.
- Bronet, F.; Hormigo, D.; Marquina, D.; Corpas, I. “Physiologic alterations in the kidney of rats in the intoxication with lead”. J. Physiol. 2003, 548 P.